Sunday, March 22, 2009

Luke Days

This weekend was so much fun!

Not only were Ambre and my fantabulous Mother-In-Law in town, but we had the Phoenix Air Show at Luke Airforce Base!

My parents were both in the Air Force, so I grew up around planes, in the hangars, on base, etc. However, I hadn't been to an air show since we moved from Alaska about 14 years ago!

Bekah and I stumbled across the info on the show just a few weeks ago and were thrilled to see that not only was the show only a few weeks out, but that it was free too! Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot!

It was absolutely amazing (other than the fact that I could barely walk from bootcamp on Friday).
Here's pictures of us just hanging out at the show:

Somehow my dad and Jonathan managed to avoid being in the pictures....

The highlight of the show was definitely the Thunderbirds. They're really just a recruiting tool for the Air Force, but man, can they fly! I was actually surprised at the pictures my camera was able to take - it was really sunny, so I could hardly see anything on the screen, and they were going by so fast that it was almost impossible at times to follow them with just the camera. But I got some good shots:

Afterward, Anthony told me that he wanted to join the Air Force so he could fly like that.

I said no.

But I certainly wouldn't mind flying in one of those planes!

Oh, and you can check out some more pics that my dad took here: http://www.powell-az.us/luke%20afb%202009/

No comments: