Monday, March 30, 2009

#2: Shedd Aquarium

Our second stop of the day was the Shedd Aquarium. This had a lot of really good displays, but for whatever reason, it was so crowded there. I think every elementary school in Chicago had a field trip there that day. It was insane. So I tried to take a bunch of cool pictures of everything I could, and then we got out. LOL.
Most of the fish pictures didn't turn out very well because they just refused to sit still and I couldn't use a flash in the displays. Some other pictures came out great though!
This crab was awesome. It was right at the top of the water so it looked like a big giant double-crab!

Then there was the crocodile:

And a giant snake! Here's just the skin...


The snake (an anaconda) was a little camera shy, but I caught a couple shots of it. Its body is about the thickness of my thigh!


This fishy kept looking like it was trying to kiss Anthony through the glass! It would follow his face whenever he moved. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a good shot of it. It was absolutley hilarious though!
There was a cool display with some tiny frogs too. This one's body was about the size of my thumb nail!

And finally, can you spot the chameleon?

There it is!

No comments: