Thursday, June 11, 2009

Makeup Madness!

So my darling husband, even though he hates it when I wear makeup, found this fantastic website with really cheap makeup!

There was an email that went around talking about how a Nordstrom makeup line was getting rid of all of their inventory to reinvent their line, and so all the makeup was only $1! Well, that turned out not to be true...its ALWAYS only $1!

I read several of the reviews (unfortunately, I didn't learn the truth until after I bought everything - I thought if I didn't buy it right away then the inventories would disappear) and they said all of the different products were kind of hit or miss, but hey, I got a ton of makeup for really cheap!

Now, I haven't bought new makeup, other than the occassional powder, foundation, or mascara and maybe a small neutral eye shadow for many, many years. I think some of the blush and eyeshadow in my makeup box has been around since high school. Kinda sad. I just never use much.
So my wonderful husband allowed me to spend $75 on new makeup. This should last me a lifetime! Plus, because it was so inexpensive, I was more willing to try daring colors.
So here's what I got for my $75:


My favorite part was that they had mineral makeup for only $3-$5 as well!


Oh, and I got a full set of makeup brushes too! I haven't ever had a good set of brushes. And again, each one was only $1!

And there were several incentives as well on the website, including free shipping (hence the $75 order) and I got a little makeup box with sample size makeup in all sorts of different colors FREE! Almost all the makeup I do have is sample size, and it lasts me forever, so I was beyond thrilled! And the colors are great too - not just bright red or neon pink like what comes in some free kits.

Yay for makeup!

If you want to check it out as well, go to www.eyeslipsface.com - its always $1!

No comments: