Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!


So I'm officially 25! I wasn't too excited about the whole thing - I kinda liked being able to say I was in my early twenties (now it has to be mid-twenties....). Plus you're supposed to have most of your life figured out by the time you're 25. That's old enough to know what you're doing. If you accomplish anything major, its just expected. Even at 24 though, you're something special. But 25 is just normal. But anyway my darling husband made everything just great for me.
He threw a great party for me with all of my friends and made some fantastic steak! That's one more thing that I just love about my husband - a BBQ is almost never just hamburgers! No, we had filet mingon steaks for everyone (thank you Costco!) with grilled squash and asparagus, mashed potatoes, salad, some amazing punch, and then our awesome friends Drew and Sara brought homemade cheesecake for dessert!
I love my friends so much! It was such a great time! I had all of my best friends there (at least the ones that live in this state) and even a couple new friends. There's this amazing couple that lives a few houses behind us - they actually bought the house that we fell in love with and made us decide we really want to be in this neighborhood. They're just too cute! It was really the first time we'd done anything together, and Lizzie brought me a little birthday present - a reusable shopping bag that zips up! She saw it was one of my goals on my big list of things I want to do. Isn't she the cutest thing ever! I'm so glad that they bought the house instead of us so we can have them as neighbors!
Here's me making my wish on my cake...can you guess what it is? I can't tell - or else it won't come true!

Look how excited Shelbie is! I love that little girl to death! She wanted so much to help me blow out the candles. She's so awesome - so much love and excitement for life.

And of course, my husband bought me just what I wanted! A new mini laptop!

I'm using it right now to type this! It's so crazy how small it is, but its perfect to take around with me and use out on the road. I have mobile broadband internet too, so I have full internet everywhere I go! I love it!

My husband is the best!

Thank you for a wonderful birthday!

6 comments:

Chelsi Chipps said...

Happy Birthday Tami!! I'm so sad that I wasn't able to come down there and be there for it! Its so weird to know that we are 25! YIKES!!! Love you and hope you had a blast yesterday!!

levilacyeaston said...

I love that you have a blog. It will be nice to keep updated on the Mauros. I hope you had a great birthday. We are missing you guys! I wish we were closer.

Kevin and Melissa Williams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin and Melissa Williams said...

I cant believe I spaced it. I am so sorry. Happy B-day! I always remember your b-day because its 6 days before mine, but I guess not this year. I'll make it up to you. Once I am back in the grove of things lets go to dinner with the girls and celebrate.

- oh and I deleted that last post on accident.

Lizzie said...

thanks for havingus over! It was fun! we'll have to get together again :)

Tamara and Anthony said...

Thanks you guys! It was a great day, and I'm glad to have all of you as friends (even if we can't all spend time together very often).

Love you all!